Nadia-Ayasha Mason Profile
Being of service to others has consistently been a personal mantra and passion for Nadia Ayasha Mason. A core skill is her ability to get people and teams to listen and give attention to one another as part of relationship development, using The Ten Components of A Thinking Environment®. Her desire for equality and respect for all was influenced by her two strong grandmothers whilst being raised during the Apartheid era of South Africa. This led to the establishment of Nadia Mason Personnel, an Employment Equity focused Recruitment Consultancy. After 20 years in Recruitment Management, Executive Search, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management where she led teams of 30 – 150 staff on numerous projects, Nadia Ayasha transitioned into the field of People Development and Management Consulting: Business – Executive Coaching; Strategic Facilitation; Leadership, Management and Organisational Development. Nadia Ayasha is a sought after Motivational Speaker whose words touch hearts to ignite inner and outer reflection through self-awareness.
Coaching & Facilitation overview in Corporate / Academia / Tertiary / School Sector: Executive Coach to Business Executives and Academics (CEO’s, Executive Directors, Professors, Deans); Schools (Principals of high and primary schools along with their School Business Partners in her role as Learning Process Facilitator (LPF) with Symphonia SA – Partners for Possibility). Team Facilitation. High performance and life coaching.
Nadia Ayasha Mason’s coaching model i.e. “Transformative Coaching through Intention”, is underpinned by Time to Think™®, Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and U-Theory® methodologies and processes. The golden thread is calibrating one’s intentions (purpose / direction / goals) with one’s actions through inner and outer reflection and self-awareness.
Her work as a Facilitator is underpinned by the Thinking Environment™®; Transforming Meetings™® (to save time and money) and Flawless Consulting processes. She also facilitates team conversations on the ideologies of oppression, superiority, racism, sexism as part of a workshop she developed i.e. “Stages of Self-Mastery Through Intention”. As a Human Capital Management Consultant, she collaborates with HR and business on people effectiveness interventions.
Awards: WECBOF / Santam Business Person of the Year; Black Management Forum Finalist – Manager of the Year, in her capacity as Founder of Nadia Mason Personnel. Awarded the GrandWest Casino & Entertainment World recruitment tender, the largest in the Western Cape at the time.
Qualifications: Certified Time to Think® Coach and Facilitator; Executive Coach – University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB); Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the University of Cape Town – Graduate School of Business (UCT-GSB) with distinction; currently reading for a Master’s Degree in Management Coaching (Research Assignment) through USB.
Clients: Corporate, Business, Entrepreneurs, Academia, Education, Pharmaceutical, Media, NGOs. Sectors include: Citrus Industry, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Parastatals, Universities, Colleges, Private and Government Schools. People profiles include: Board Members, CEOs, Executives, Directors, Management, Academics, Principals and Staff.
Volunteer: The Red Cross War Memorial Hospital – Friends of the Children’s Hospital Association (FOCHA) and Community based organisations.
Personal: Mother of two independent daughters who are both active in their careers.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”
Maya Angelou (1928 – 2014)
- Current studies: Masters’ of Management Coaching – University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB). Part 1 – Executive Coach, completed. Part 2 – Research assignment (current). The topic is: “The Influence of Coaching on the Relationship between Leaders and Staff in a university context”.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Management Practices (Honours-NQFL 8): University of Cape Town – Graduate School of Business (Distinction). 20
- Professional Time to Think Coach® and Facilitator: Nancy Kline
- Flawless Consulting & Community Builder (Peter Block): Symphonia South Africa.
- Introduction to Integral Theory, Integral Coaching Approach and Neuroscience: Procorp – Dr. Dorrian Aiken and Ms. Ceridwen-Oliver Evans
- Targeted Selection Competency Based Interviewing: Train the Trainer: Deloittes Human Capital
- Academy of Self Knowledge (ASK Program): Personal Development
- Project Management: University of Stellenbosch – Graduate School of Business (Distinction).
Professional Committee and Board Roles
- Cape Town Chamber of Commerce: Deputy President (2011) – False Bay College: Council Member. 2010
- Black Management Forum (BMF Western Cape) – Secretary General and Chairperson of the Organizational and Transformation Sub-Committee, Co-ordinator of the Western Cape Employment Equity Forum, Co-ordinator of the first Western Cape Employment Equity Conference, Member of the team headed up by Professor Merlyn Mehl and Margaret Legum that developed the following Learnerships i.e. Certificate and Diploma in Organizational Transformation and Change Management. 1999 – 2004
- Services Seta: Council & Board Member, Chairperson of the Labour Recruitment Chamber representing BMF nationally; facilitated the first 177 national Learnerships for BMF (project value = R6.8 million). 2002 – 2004
- Western Cape Business Opportunities Forum (WECBOF – Black owned business forum) – Board Member and Chairperson: Professional Services Sector. 2000 – 2004
- APSO (Association of Personnel Services Organizations) – Committee Member
Summary of Training
- ILO (International Labour Organisation): Trained on International Best Practice for Recruitment & Selection Methods, Job Analysis, Job Placement and creating a Business Case for Persons with Disabilities
- Profiles SA – Assessment Administration Training
- Black Management Forum (BMF): Employment Equity and Skills Development Workshops, Corporate Governance Workshops, Organizational Transformation and Change Management Workshops, Stephen Covey Leadership Training
- Margaret Legum / Procorp: Understanding Oppression, Racism & Sexism – The Power Model, Transformation, Employment Equity and Change Management
- Services Seta: Labour Recruitment, Corporate Governance, ILO, PESTAL, National Skills Development Plan Workshops wrt Labour & Recruitment, Skills Assessor Training
- Margaret Stone (nee Baker): Recruitment & Selection, Management & Leadership, Marketing Workshops
- University of the Western Cape (UWC): Competency Based and Behavioural Event Interviewing Skills
- APSO: Association of Personnel Services Organization – passed with Distinction
- Trafalgar High School (in the old District 6): Matric
Get in Touch
I’d love to hear from you, please send me a message and I will be in touch shortly.